Friday, May 20, 2022

The ̶F̶a̶r̶m̶e̶r̶ Blogger In The Dell

That would be the Shady Dell Vintage Trailer Court in Bisbee AZ, where you can relive the simpler days of RV travel in a restored trailer with themed furnishings. TSG spent the night in a 1957 Airfloat "Landyacht" decorated in retro-Vegas style, complete with a Sinatra album ready to go on the record player. We have to say it was a tough choice between the Airfloat and the 1947 Airporter Tiki Bus--we picked the Airfloat mainly because it had a full bathroom and DVD player with movies like The Day The Earth Stood Still, Invaders From Mars, and Them!






2 comments:

Parm said...

That place belongs somewhere on Route 66. I much approve of the whole idea.

My immediate reaction to that list of movies was, "Them!" That's the one I'd probably spin. At least, first up to bat.

W. "The Long, Long Restored Trailerl" Biscuit said...

I went for The Day The Earth Stood Still myself. The only problem was the air con unit was really loud and the TV/DVD combo unit's speakers were barely audible even when cranked up all the way. I've stayed in several travel trailers in my travels--they've run the gambit in levels of "restoration"--this one was pretty good overall. I've considered staying at one of the new high-end boutique trailer camps but their prices are more than double what I've paid at places like the Shady Dell. For me the slightly more rustic setting has more appeal than a park where all the trailers are mirror-polished with manicured patios and furnished like they're from a cover of Better (Mobile) Homes and Gardens.