Saturday, July 11, 2026

Hermitage Arms' New "Fountain Alley" Water Feature

Anyone with a history of lawn use has seen something like this at one time or another. Here at Maison de la Sauterelle we have our own example, providing residents with a miniature Old Faithful event every other day when the automatic timer goes off.  
We're now into the fourth week of having this somewhat dubious bubbling perk, despite the fact management & maintenance personnel (seen here walking away, apparently having other things on their minds) being aware of it since the outset. 
Oh well, guess we might as well enjoy it while we we can...

2 comments:

Parm said...

I am indeed familiar with this kind of thing, though I have to say, this is the BEST broken sprinkler head I have ever seen. That is quite spectacular, certainly in terms of height. And the sound is very enjoyable as well. I might be inclined to set up a folding chair nearby (our of the wet zone) when this happens and pull a cap down over my face to zzz happily to the sound.

yawndave said...

...and the fountain remains active as of this writing. What strikes me as particularly odd is the fact that most of the rest of the sprinkler heads are either broken or mis-calibrated/aimed and the lawn areas are gradually turning to dirt. Why they would keep this particular section going is a mystery to me. Ordinarily I would say there must be a method to their madness but after 4 weeks I'm not so sure.